Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Canfield Dog Show Weekend

Hi everyone. This is Calvin again. I’m supposed to tell you about our weekend in Canfield, OH. For starters, that show is known for being too hot or too wet – or the too-too show. Well, this weekend didn’t disappoint and it was of the too wet and muddy variety. Sefina & Mom got to the Rally ring Friday morning to discover that it was a swamp. Sefina looked at mom like – you really expect me to sit and lie down in THAT?! You’re crazy! The judge asked them to leave by the 4th station after Sefina decided that the puddles were for splashing and drinking and not for obedience. It dried out a little bit for Saturday when I went into the ring. I got Winner’s Reserve and turns out that the dog I lost to is my half brother. Mom & I didn’t realize that at the time. The judge really liked me and I might have done better but I was really distracted by a huge piece of chicken carver left in the ring. Mom didn’t realize it was there but I sure did. The next day was really rainy again but it stopped by the time I went into the ring. I got Winner’s Reserve again. What’s that human saying? Always a bridesmaid… My friend Meredith went and watched. She says that judge seemed to really like me too but mom needs to figure out what the perfect speed for me is to show off my strut. Personally, I like to bounce. It’s much more fun.

This weekend we’re going to Washingtonville, OH for 3 days of CPE agility. I don’t get to play because I’m not old enough but Kiwi, Sefina, and Robin all get to play. Voodoo & I will watch to see how long mom lasts running 3 dogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment