Thursday, July 23, 2009

AKC Agility & Conformation


Hi everyone. This is Calvin. Mom is letting me blog for the very first time ‘cause I’m a big boy now. I just turned 1 year old on Tuesday, July 21st. Mom bought us all doggy ice creams from Cathy’s Creations and boy were they tasty. Well, I think I’m the only one who actually tasted it. I savored mine while the others almost drowned trying to eat theirs so fast. Since mom had to teach other doggies on my birthday, we got them on Sunday after I got home from a dog show in Medina, OH. I didn’t earn any points but mom says we did much better in the ring than the last couple of shows. I went to conformation class on Weds. My pal Meredith teaches it. I really like her. She showed me at my first dog show in Pittsburgh because mom was too chicken. Anyway, she says that it’s probably my mom’s fault that we didn’t do well on Sunday. I agree. I’m so charming, how could it possibly be my fault? Next weekend, I am going to Canfield, OH for a dog show on Saturday & Sunday, and Sefina goes to check the place out on Friday for me since she is going to play Rally Obedience. Sefina seems to enjoy it but that word ‘obedience’ sounds kind of yucky to me.

Last Friday, my sisters Kiwi & Sefina got to play AKC agility in Cheswick. It was Sefina’s first time. She did a Jumpers with Weaves course and finished exactly half of it. She didn’t want to do the double jump so decided that was the end. Mom says the first half went really well though. Big sis Kiwi did well. She got her first Open FAST Q and got 1st place. She also got her ninth Q in Excellent B Standard. I don’t know what all of this means but mom is happy and Kiwi is gloating. Kiwi says she only needs one more Standard Q and she’ll have a master’s degree just like mom. Wonder if that means she’ll have to go to work every day just like mom. I don’t think I want a master’s degree…

2 comments:

  1. Hi Calvin!! Hey, Happy Birthday. Did you get any pressies?
    your pal, Morgan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear from you, Calvin! Your spotted friends wish you a happy belated birthday! Best of luck to Sefina in Rally Obedience this weekend. We also hope you do well in conformation. You are such a handsome boy and I'm sure the judges will recognize that!

    ReplyDelete