Tuesday, July 14, 2009



Hi everyone. This is Kiwi. Sorry it’s been so long since we updated the site but we’ve been busy and Mom has been sick. She’s letting me write this time as long as I don’t just talk about me me me memememememe…. Sorry, sometimes I can’t help myself. My new Canadian brother, Robin (he's the one pictured to the right), and I got to play CPE agility the last weekend in June in Slippery Rock. It was in a horse barn and boy was that fun!!!! I don’t often stop and smell the roses while running agility but I couldn’t help myself – oh so many wonderful smells!!! It was also fun running in the dirt. I got 3 Q’s out of 8 runs. Mom says it wasn’t my best weekend but until I get my Jackpot Q’s she doesn’t mind. Between you and me – I just like to remind her that I call the shots. Robin got to play agility for the first time, 2 runs each day. Boy is he crazy and everybody agreed. People described him as ‘crazy’, ‘a wild thing’, and ‘a firecracker’. Mom says he’s a border collie in a Keeshond body. On Saturday he played Fullhouse and Wildcard. He didn’t Q but mom was real happy that he finished the courses. He ran around obstacles several times and barked the whole time. I told him to slow down because he missed out on all those wonderful smells but he wouldn’t listen. On Sunday it was the same story but he actually got his first Q in Jumpers. He ran around all the jumps a few times but completed the course correctly, barking like crazy the entire course, but since he’s so fast he still made time. Not me. I’d rather be perfect and look good doing it. I’m a little miffed that Robin got his Q after only being with us 3 months. I need to have a talk with him about the dangers of being an over achiever.

The day before my little sis, Sefina, did Rally in Northmoreland Park. It was her first time in Advanced and she was off-leash and outside on a hot day. I wasn’t there - I was at home with the others with the A/C on. Mom says Sefina didn’t even finish the course. I don’t blame her. I don’t like to do anything in the heat either.

Fourth of July weekend, mom got sick but she still took us all to the dog park. She had to make two trips. Calvin & I went on the first trip and I found lots of stinky things to roll in. Mom wasn’t too happy but I was lovin’ life! But then I got that dreadful 4 letter word B-A-T-H. I hate them so much that Mom threatens me that word when I give the boys a hard time. I know she doesn’t mean it most of the time but I get ready to duck behind the couch, just in case.

This past Saturday, Mom took Sefina to take a therapy dog/canine good citizen test. I already have my CGC so mom wasn’t going to take me but I snuck out the door with Sefina so mom had to take me anyway. Sefina passed the test so Mom decided to have me take it as well. I passed, too. The tester said that I did better than my sister. Well, of course. I’m Kiwi.

Sunday, mom took pretty boy (aka Calvin) to Madison, OH to go prance around in the ring again. He didn’t do well. He gets to try again next Sunday in Medina, OH. Friday, I get to play AKC agility again in Cheswick and little sis gets to play for the first time, too. She’s only going to do jumpers since little Miss scaredy cat won’t do the teeter. But she’s already doing weaves. Mom says she learned in 2 weeks. I need to have a talk with her about over achieving, too.

1 comment:

  1. Hey - Morgan says your new brother is handsome... Mom says your mum teaches obedience, so you are just messin' with me about that don't listen stuff. you had me going there for awhile.
    your pal, Maisie

    ReplyDelete