Monday, September 7, 2009

Master Kiwi


Hi Everybody! Kiwi here. We were at Westmoreland County Obedience Training Center’s AKC agility trial at PISA yesterday and guess what?! I earned my Master’s degree! Mom says it’s called an AKC Masters Agility Excellent (MX) title. That means I got 10 qualifying runs in Excellent B Standard. I also got a Q and 1st place in Open FAST. I only need one more of those to get another title. Sefina went with me and ran a jumpers with weaves course but got distracted by the ring crew so she didn’t finish. Guess she needs a few pointers from the Master ;)

We had taken a couple weeks off from doing agility trials. Calvin went to a conformation show outside of Cleveland 2 weeks ago and got Winner’s dog but only because he was the only open male. He did win a pair of nail clippers for that. Otherwise, Sefina took a couple of dancing lessons and I took a 2 hour agility class. Mom rarely takes me to class anymore. She’s always taking the young dogs. But I guess that’s because I don’t really need to take lessons. I am the Master after all! But we have a busy month ahead of us. Next Saturday, Sefina and I play AKC agility again on Neville Island and the weekend after that, pretty boy is going to 2 conformation shows in Prospect, PA. At the end of September, Sefina plays Rally Obedience on Friday and then Robin and I get to play USDAA agility at PISA. Then Calvin does a couple more conformation shows in Aliquippa, PA the first weekend of October.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations, Master Kiwi!!! There's a good reason my nickname for you is "Kiwi Q Machine"!! The spotted dogs are proud of their friend, and Tess hopes that someday she can be a Master like you!

    ReplyDelete