Friday, November 6, 2009

Halloween Agility

Hi Everyone! Sefina, here. Boy did we have a fun time playing CPE Agility at Four Seasons in Washingtonville, OH this past Halloween weekend. All 5 of us got to go – we dressed up as well behaved dogs J We always have a great time running up in the fields. That’s what we think is the highlight but mom says I need to tell you about the agility trial.

Since I’m writing, me first. I ran 6 times and got 2 Q’s but both of those Q’s earned me a title. I got a Jackpot Q on Sunday so I finished Level 1 Strategy Games and I got a Colors Q on Saturday for Level 2 Handler Games. The rest of the time I enjoyed visiting the ring crew – they looked like they needed some cheering up. And during my last run in Jumpers, I ran over and stuck my head in the judge’s lap (she was sitting down). I thought I should get a Q for that but mom says that didn’t earn me any brownie points. Isn’t there a Miss Congeniality award or something?

Rockin’ Robin had a grand ol’ time as usual, running and barking and flying off of obstacles. He got to run in all 8 classes and ended up with 3 Q’s. A Colors Q on Saturday which finished his Level 1 Handler Games title. Then he got a Level 2 Snookers and Jumpers Q on Sunday. Mom says he started off really well on Saturday with start line stays and holding his contacts until she released him but then he just got so worked up as the trial went on that he lost his mind. But that’s how he rolls, and jumps and leaps and…

Big sis Kiwi did really well with 6 Q’s out of 8. As usual, time was her nemesis in those other 2 runs. But she finished Level 5 Snookers and Jumpers and the thing that mom is most excited about – she finally finished Level 4 Jackpot! Hooray for Kiwi!! Mom says she only needs 5 Jackpot Qs to earn her C-ATCH. I’m not sure what that is but since Kiwi gets a lot of toys and treats for all of her great runs which mom makes her share with the rest of us, I’m all for it.

We’re taking this weekend off except for Sunday when Mom takes pretty boy Calvin to a Conformation workshop at WCOTC. Calvin says he sure hopes mom learns something so she stops embarrassing him in the show ring. Mom also says we all have to get a B-A-T-H. I had to write that really small so Kiwi doesn’t find out or we won’t see her for weeks. On second thought - Hey Kiwi – we’re getting B- - Awww Mom, you’re no fun. Anyway, we have to get all gussied up for portraits next weekend. Mom thinks she’s going to get all 5 of us sitting pretty for a picture. At Splash ‘n Dash with all that fun agility equipment just begging us to play on it? Let me know how that works out for you, mom!

Meanwhile, here are some pics taken at Splash ‘n Dash’s USDAA trial by the same photographer who’s taking our portraits – Virgil Sweeden. There’s one of Voodoo, me, & Kiwi in the X-pen and then the rest are of Rockin’ Robin.






























1 comment:

  1. CPE is so much fun!! And it sounds like you guys are all having a blast! Heffner has become rather fond of greeting his public during the trials too. Kids!

    ReplyDelete