Friday, November 20, 2009

S.O.S.

Hi this is Kiwi. Mom doesn’t know I know how to blog by myself but I need to report the worst case of animal cruelty EVER! Grab a box of tissues, sit down, and brace yourself. Last weekend mom gave us all a – oh, the horror reliving the moment – a B-A-T-H. But it didn’t stop there. Then she BRUSHED us and took us all for nail trims. And just when we thought the nightmare was over – she took us to Splash n’ Dash. We were so excited because we thought we were going to get to play agility but instead it was a cruel trick. There was a photographer there and she made all five of us sit together – like right next to each other - and get our pictures taken. Have you ever heard of a worse case of animal abuse? I didn’t think so! So please, someone come rescue us! But wait until after this weekend. Mom just made a big batch of chicken brownies and we’re playing NADAC agility in a horse barn this weekend. That will help get rid of that disgusting clean smell we have. And we have an AKC trial at our favorite place in Ohio next weekend so we’ll stick it out until then. But then I have an AKC trial the following Friday, and then Calvin goes to a big dog show in Cleveland the next weekend. Then it will be almost Xmas and we usually score a bunch of treats from mom and our aunts & uncle so we wouldn’t want those to go to waste. And then we get to play 4 days of CPE agility at our favorite place again New Year’s Eve weekend so I guess we’ll do our best to stick it out until after New Years. But then please, someone come rescue us or at least give mom a good talking to. She NEVER feeds us enough. You can’t tell because of all of our fur but trust me – we are always STARVING! If there is someone out there with several acres of land and an agility training ring, an RV with a chauffeur that will take us wherever we want, a personal chef that is skilled in making homemade dog food and treats, and who promises never to bathe or brush us, PLEASE come save us from our miserable existence!


Hi all! This is Voodoo. Yeah, all that stuff Kiwi described was not much fun but what she left out was that Mom also took Kiwi, Calvin, Sefina, & Robin to the dog park last Saturday in 2 separate trips since they only allow 2 dogs per human and they got to run loose on the trails and play with other dogs. Kiwi found something to roll in at the park so between you and me – she isn’t all that clean smelling. And what the other four don’t know, mom came back and got me and instead of going back to the park she took me to Bruster’s. That’s a homemade ice cream place and they give out free doggy sundaes. Those are PAWESOME! Then mom took me for a walk on the hillside next to Bruster’s while she finished her ice cream. It was so nice to get away from the other four and have some alone time with Mom. You see, I’m from a home where there was some real abuse. That owner passed away and some rescue people took me in and then Mom came soon after and adopted me. I used to be really afraid of things but mom started to take me different places, teach me things like agility, and expose me to all sorts of people who not only treat me real nice but also carry treats so I’m a lot better now. I’m still afraid of sneezes though - everyone has their quirks, right? And really, Kiwi was all for sitting pretty for those pictures - I was the last holdout. Kiwi is such a DIVA.

1 comment:

  1. Hi furry buddies. How was your week-end? Do you smell more doggie-like? I would come and save you, but we go for baths every 6 weeks or so, and then get sprayed with perfume. We don't have chicken brownies here either, so maybe you wouldn't like it so much. If you find the place with the agility ring and the RV let me know. especially if there are also sheep. K?
    We are going to the S&D Christmas party. Mom said she would take the night off. Yippee!
    your pals, Morgan and Maisie

    ReplyDelete