Tuesday, December 1, 2009

NADAC Agility

Hi everyone. This is Sefina again. I get to tell you about our weekend playing NADAC agility. It was at the Storm Harbor Equestrian Center in Slippery Rock, PA November 21st & 22nd. OMG! It was the best place EVER! I’ve been a little unsure about this agility stuff. At trials I make mom cheer me on at every obstacle (I think it’s funny and so does the crowd) and I especially like to go visit the ring crew. But this place was different. It had really soft dirt to run on and the courses were wide open. And it smelled wonderful! I Q’d 3 times in Novice Regular (what NADAC calls a Standard course) so I earned a title in one weekend. Isn’t that cool? I didn’t Q in the other 8 runs but mom was thrilled to see how happy I was playing agility that weekend. She said I was like 3 parts Kiwi (who is slow but perfect) and 1 part Robin (he’s super fast but wild).

Big sis Kiwi did really well as usual. She likes running in the horse barn, too plus it was cool (in the 50’s which is perfect summer weather for us) so Kiwi was running faster than usual. She Q’d 7 out of 11 runs and earned her Open Regular title and her Novice Touch ‘n Go title. She finally Q’d in Tunnelers. Because it’s always been so hot and they run that last, Mom says she keeps missing a Q by less than 1 second - she was as close as 0.01 seconds once.

Robin – well what can I say about my brother Robin? He’s a wild & crazy guy! He started off the weekend with a perfect Jumpers run – he Q’d and got first place but the rest of the weekend he was busting out of his skin. He was flying off of the TOP of the dog walk and kept arguing with mom at every obstacle. It kind of went like this: “Mom, mom what should I do next, mom?! This one? Are you sure this one and not that one? I don’t know mom, mom tell me what to do mom. I think I should do this one, don’t ya think?! Mom! Mom! Look at me Mom! Tell me what to do, mom! I see your arms waving and your lips moving but I can’t hear you over my voice, mom! Yell louder mom!” So needless to say, he didn’t Q in any of the other runs. But he always has fun & mom says she has fun running him even though she looks really frazzled afterwards.

2 comments:

  1. Way to go, Sefina, Kiwi, and Robin. Sounds like you did great running at the horse barn! Glad to hear you all had fun and did so well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! Glad all my cousins are having such a great time. Radar in Yakima.

    ReplyDelete