Saturday, December 5, 2009

Thanksgiving Weekend AKC Agility Trial

After eating turkey scraps, mom took us all to Washingtonville, OH where Kiwi, Sefina, and I (Robin) played in Youngstown All Breed Training Club’s AKC agility trial. Sefina and I had to wait a long time in the car while Kiwi got to have all the fun. They ran all the Excellent dogs first and there were a lot of them. Kiwi is an Excellent dog and she keeps reminding us of that – over and over and over. Anyway, mom says she needs a lot of Jumpers with Weaves Q’s to get her Master’s title and since it was cold this weekend, Mom hoped she would get some. You see, unlike me, Kiwi doesn’t run very fast unless she’s chasing deer in the yard, scolding us, or trying to beat us to some food. Well, Kiwi started off Saturday morning with a Q in jumpers and 3 seconds to spare but then she decided that mom takes her for granted so blew her off the rest of the weekend. Kiwi loves Standard courses and almost always Q’s so you know she was copping some attitude when she makes a mistake. Kiwi won’t ever let you forget that she’s in charge.

Sefina and I qualified in Novice Jumpers with Weaves both days. On Saturday, I beat Sefina but on Sunday Sefina decided to be like Kiwi and run a perfect course. I run so fast I end up running past at least one jump before I can stop and argue with mom about which one I should take next. I know mom gets lost a lot driving (she has to have this lady that lives inside of a little picture box tell her how to get places) so I don’t trust that she can find her way around an agility course either. Sefina is still afraid of the teeter so she did not run the Standard courses but I did. Those are really fun. I like to get to the top of the A-frame and dog walk and then fly off. I know I’m not supposed to do that but I LOVE to soar. On Saturday, mom told me to get on the table and sit. I thought this was strange since she always tells me to lie down when we practice. So I figured she wanted me to give her a big hug so that’s what I did. But she didn’t want to hug me back – she didn’t even want to touch me. That kind of hurt my feelings but after sitting for 5 seconds I was off and flying again so I forgot all about it. Anyway, I thought I should get extra points for style but the judge took lots of points away from me so I didn’t Q in Standard this weekend. But that’s OK – I had LOTS of fun.

1 comment:

  1. Giving hugs on the table! What a good way to reach mom better. I gotta try that! I am in a contest!, oh, yeah, Maisie is too. If you would like to vote for us we would like that,you can vote one time every day.see my blog.
    your pals, Morgan and Maisie

    ReplyDelete