Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Robin’s ‘Tail’

Hi everyone! This is Robin. This is my first time blogging. I haven’t been too interested before but all the others say I’m crazy so it’s time I set the record straight. I am NOT crazy. I’m just really enthusiastic – about everything. I’m a sweet, loving boy and quite mellow when there isn’t anything going on. I REALLY love my mom - like a whole lotta bunch. I used to live in Ottawa, Canada with my first mom and 10 other dogs just like me and 3 smaller ones that kind of looked like me – they were called Pomeranians. Anyway, I lived there until I was almost a year old but my first mom said that there were too many of us and she didn’t have time to spend with me and I really needed something to do. So she found me a new mom in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. I wasn’t so sure about that but my new mom came to meet me and she carried treats in a bag on her hip and taught me a new trick right away so I decided she was really cool 2 minutes after I met her. Then she set up a jump and a tunnel and I thought that was fun. Then I showed her how fast I could run by flying in and out of the dog door every 30 seconds. Her eyes got real wide so she said she’d take me home. I was a little anxious for a few days so stuck real close to my new mom – she wanted to change my name to Velcro but I really like my name. There are 4 other dogs just like me here so I get more attention and Sefina & Calvin are really fun to play with since we’re almost the same age. I think Kiwi is hot stuff and she flirted with me for a few days but now she keeps telling me No No No! But I’m a persistent guy. Maybe one of these days she’ll say yes. Mom also taught me my favorite trick – jumping in her arms since I can jump really, really high. I LOVE to do that. But she doesn’t always catch me – sometimes her back is turned or she isn’t paying attention to me. And why can’t she catch me when she’s holding something else? She really freaks when I race across the yard or a big field to jump in her arms. That is the most fun. I love to run really, really fast and jump really, really high. Sometimes I can land on her shoulders and crawl on top of her head. Mom says she shouldn’t have taught me that trick but I don’t know why. I just love her so much and want to show it. Anyway, I was still nervous about things, especially riding in Mom’s car. I thought maybe I’d be going somewhere else to live again but then I figured out that mom takes us to a lot of fun places - especially Splash ‘n Dash. That’s where she teaches me agility and that has changed my life. Oh boy, do I LOVE agility! It is so much FUN. Mom says I am learning really fast and entered me in my first trial after only 3 months. I love trials. The obstacles are so much further apart than where we train so I can build up a lot of speed. Everyone calls me a ‘rough-coated border collie’. Mom says it’s because I’m really fast and I like to talk constantly while I’m playing agility. I just get so excited, I can’t help myself. Everyone says I will be an awesome agility dog some day but I need to learn to control myself and mom needs to learn how to handle a dog that’s as fast as I am. I don’t care, I’m having fun NOW. That’s all that matters, right?

2 comments:

  1. We agree, Robin...having fun is all that matters, and you certainly manage to do that :) We don't think you're crazy at all. A little noisy, maybe, but not crazy! For a guy who doesn't have spots, you're a lot of fun!!

    Your friends Tess and Jazz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Give your pet their own special pet door. Pet doors provide your pets with the freedom to come and go as they please without requiring you to let them in and out every time. Selecting a quality pet door can help save energy during the hot and cold seasons. Choose a pet door large enough for your pet to enter and exit comfortably and safely. Pet doors should have a closing panel for times when you want to secure your Pet Door.

    ReplyDelete